A few days ago the Esplin laundry room started smelling a little foul. It started out smelling like moldy towels or dirty socks. Nothing new. Then a day or two passed and the smell went from bad to much, much worse. Molly Poop? Possible. Vomit? Likely. So Sunday afternoon, when the smell was starting to spread past the laundry room, brave, stomach-of-steel Linda decided to smell it out. She needed to find out what had gone terribly wrong.
She quickly diagnosed the problem was with the dryer, but couldn't quite find the source. She set Cordell and Chris to work. Cordell plummed the innards and Chris inspected the behind to find a dead rat.
The rat somehow found his way to the dryer vent and died, but not before losing control of his bodily fluids. By the time Chris and Cordell found him, he had started to bloat and his insides liquify. Looking at these images really brings back the smell.
Farewell dear rat. You will NOT be missed.